If you’ve always wanted to own a pool but haven’t been able to because of cost and space, the small above ground pool conveniently solves that dilemma. Small above ground pools, when compared to their other counterpart, provide you with many incomparable benefits.
Over and over again, I’ve had persons ask me this same question “what is the best small above ground pools?” In no particular order, I’ve compiled a list of small above ground pools that are simply the catch.
7 Best Small Above Ground Pools
1. Intex Mini Frame Pool
First on our list is the Intex Mini Frame Pool. When you think of Intex, you think of excellence, and this pool is no exception. Its 48” x 48” x 12” dimension makes it ideal for children around ages two and above. Its colorful appearance is something that most children grow to adore.
Its foam-padded frame acts as a cushion for the pool. It can take as much as 90 gallons of water. Also, you don’t need much time to get this pool up and working as it takes only about ten minutes to fill it up. Now, who wouldn’t love this pool?
- Drain plug to help to conveniently drain out water
- Galvanized metal steel frame for ultra-durability
- Foam padded horizontal beams for comfort
- Easy to set up
- Not suitable for older kids
2. Bestway Fast Set 10″ x 30″ Above Ground Swimming Pool
If you’re looking for a pool that’ll provide you and your kids with many hours of splashing fun, the Bestway Fast Set 10″ x 30″ Above Ground Swimming Pool is your go-to answer. It is ideal for teaching younger children to swim and more still, it is safe,
This kiddie pool is roomy enough for your growing child. Its Tritech pool walls are very lightweight and boast of structural integrity that is common to Bestway products. It has a 960 gallons’ water capacity, that’s about 80%.
- 330 gallon/hr. filter pump helps to filter out dirt and debris
- Flow control valve for easy filling and draining of water.
- No-tool assembly
- Polyester mesh with double PVC construction for additional durability
- Doesn’t come with an air pump
3. Bestway 7.2ft x 5ft x 17in Steel Pro Rectangular Pool
The Bestway 7.2ft x 5ft x 17in Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Pool a really fantastic choice for splashing around and cooling off during summer. Its durability is not in question as it’s made of two layers of heavy-gauge PVC and one inner layer of polyester.
Its construction makes it easy for you to assemble as well as take down when you need to store it. It features corrosion-resistant metal frames that are sturdy and well balanced. It also comes with a built-in control drain valve for letting out water. All you need do is attach a garden hose and direct its flow to the area of your choice.
- Polyester mesh encased in double-layer PVC for strength
- Built-in flow control drain valve
- Corrosion-resistant steel frames
- No-tool set up
- Doesn’t come with a filter pump
4. Intext 86” x 59” x 23” Rectangular Frame Baby Splash Pool
If you need to cool off this summer, you might want to consider the Intext 86” x 59” x 23” Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool. Its features are topnotch and of awesome quality.
You don’t have to run off worrying about how to set up or maintain this pool as it comes with an instructional DVD to help with that. Its laminated sidewalls are reinforced with bands all over to help keep the legs of the frame in place.
- Ready for water in 30 minutes
- Drain plug for letting out water
- Can fit as much as six persons
- Strong and durable steel frames
- Pool only (doesn’t come with a pool cover)
5. KOPEKS Outdoor Rectangular Swimming Pool Bathing Tub
Looking for a fun way for your kids and their pets to relax and spend this summer? You might want to consider getting the KOPEKS Outdoor Rectangular Swimming Pool Bathing Tub. This pool functions as a tub as well as a pool.
It’s easy drain feature requires you to just twist off the drain cap whenever you want to let out water. It features an extra-tough PVC construction for its sidewalls and an even thicker material at the bottom.
- Easy set up: no need to inflate pool
- Portable and foldable
- Stress-free draining
- Shallow depth may not be suitable for older kids
6. Bestway 56498 Deluxe Splash 9.8”x6.7”x26” Kids Rectangular Swimming Pool
The Bestway 56498 Deluxe Splash 9.8” x 6.7” x 26” Kids Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool is an excellent choice when it comes to small pools. With it, you get the same experience as you would with a steel-walled pool, but at a more affordable rate.
Its rust and corrosion-resistant coated frames prevent damage caused by abrasion and UV rays. The pool is surrounded by a 3-ply PVC band for support. Although it is constructed for strength, it still manages to be extremely lightweight.
- PVC material ensures structural integrity
- Stable joint connections
- No-tool required assembly
- Flow-control drain valve
- Filter pump is not included in your purchase
7. Summer Waves Active 8ft x 30in Round Frame Swimming Pool
Rounding off our list is the Summer Waves Active 8ft x 30in Round Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool. It is an aesthetically appealing family-sized pool that is built with durability in mind.
It takes not more than 30 minutes to fill up. Its galvanized metal frames are strong and built to lat. They are also rust-resistant. It features a filter pump that serves as both a skimmer and a filter pump all in one piece.
- Ultra-durable triple-layer construction
- Snap-in design for quick and easy assemble
- Comes with a filter pump and D-type filter cartridge
- Doesn’t come with a ground cloth or a pool cover
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to Find a Small Leak in Above Ground Pools?
A: Inspect the equipment, particularly the skimmer box, and return as these are common spots for leaks. Then clean up the equipment area. Turning on the pump while inspecting the equipment might help in locating the leak as some leaks increase when you turn on the pump.
If, after closely inspecting the components, hoses, fittings, and lids, you don’t find any leaks, then most likely, the leak is somewhere in the vinyl liner. This means you’ll need to closely inspect the inside of the pool, particularly the bottom.
Q: How Much Does a Small Above Ground Pool Cost?
A: Depending on the quality, the average pool kit costs between $1,500 and $4,500, while the cost of installation of the pool costs between $1,000 and $3,000 depending on the type and size of the pool.
Keep in mind that because rectangular above ground pools usually require a wrap-around deck, its installation cost is generally above $10,000.
Q: How to Keep a Small Above Ground Pool Clean?
- To keep an above ground pool clean, you should do the following;
- Run the pump for about 8 to 12 hours at a time.
- Brush and vacuum the floor and walls at least once a week.
- Ensure that your pool is at its proper pH at all times.
- Continuously sanitize your pool by keeping chlorine in the floater, skimmer, or automatic feeder.
- Engage in regular shock treatments of the pool.
- Add algaecide once a week to prevent the growth of algae.
I understand the dilemma of needing to build a conventional pool. But getting any of the best small above ground pool will give you the relaxation you need, at a very pocket-friendly cost. All the products reviewed here are exceptionally great. You can truly bank on them for the summer.