What is the best propane pool heater to buy? Owning a pool can be fun, but it can get complicated during the chilly nights and cold winter.
That is when you might need to get the best propane pool heater to ensure that you enjoy a warm facility. Here I have reviewed the top six propane pool heaters that you can use to warm your facility.
Review of Top 6 Propane Pool Heaters – 2021 Reviews
Below are the top six propane pool heaters that you should consider buying to keep your swimming facility warm.
1. Hayward W3H150FDP Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
The W3H150FDP is a 150,000 BTU model that uses propane to heat your swimming pool. It is a reliable model that provide amazing features such as:
- Long-lasting comfort – The heater ensures that you continue to enjoy a warm pool deep in the winter days. It is also quite reliable when it comes to heating a pool.
- Cupro-nickel heat exchanger – It provides the best heat transfer to the water and ensures that the system lasts for years. The features make it possible for the heater to remain in top condition even when the water is unbalanced.
- Low NOx emissions – Another thing you should note is that the heater meets the low NOx emissions standards to make sure that it is friendly to the environment.
- Front-panel-only-access – It is a feature that makes it easy to operate, maintain, and service the pool unit.
- Hydraulic design – It helps to minimize the circulation time.
2. Sta-Rite SR200LP Max-E-Therm Black Propane Gas Pool and Spa Heater
Sta-Rite SR200LP is a 200 BTU model that you can buy to warm your swimming pool and make it ready for evening use. Here are some of its main features:
- Lightweight model – It is one of the lightest pool heaters you can get on the market today. What that means is that you can install it without any hassle or need to call a professional to help you out.
- Compact design – The design comes in handy to allow you to use retro-fit installation.
- Lower operation costs – Another notable feature of the unit is the favorable operation cost that lets you save up to 84% of the power. It is 1st in the class when it comes to energy efficiency.
- Rustproof housing – It is a sleek cover that also happens to resist pool chemicals to ensure that you get a durable unit. The house is made of dura-glass material that can handle all kinds of weather.
3. Hayward H300FDN Universal H-Series 300,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
It is a 300,000 BTU that you can use to heat your spa or pool. You can count on the heater to leave your facility warmer, and it has some of these features:
- Cupro-nickel heat exchanger – The heater exchanger ensures that you enjoy reliability and value for your money. It also makes the heater to be more efficient compared to other types of heaters.
- Patented polymer header – The header is enhanced by a bypass valve design to ensure that you enjoy the best hydraulic reliability and efficiency. You can have confidence knowing that you have a model that gives value for the money.
- Versatile installation – That is all possible due to the universal design that allows you to install the heater the way you want.
- Low Nox emissions – It also meets the industry standards to ensure that it remains environmentally safe.
4. Pentair 460737 MasterTemp 400K BTU Propane Gas High-Performance Econ-Friendly Heater
The next unit comes from Pentair and can provide up to 400,000 BTU of heat to leave your swimming pool warm. Below are some of its significant features:
- Heats up fast – The unit was designed to heat your swimming pool faster to ensure that you enjoy your pool as soon as possible. And it is also a suitable model for heating a spa.
- Low NOx emission – It is a unit that conserves the environment thanks to its low NOx emission feature.
- Energy-efficient – The system is highly rated when it comes to energy efficiency. What that means is that you can have the confidence that more propane is converted to heat.
- Manual gas shut off – It is a great feature that allows you to conserve energy when you don’t need to heat your swimming pool.
- Affordable unit – The model is quite affordable when you compare it to other units in its class.
5. Pentair 460735 MasterTemp 300K B7yyiTU Propane Gas High-Performance Eco-Friendly Heater
Pentair 460735 is a 300,000 BTU unit that uses propane gas to heat your swimming pool. It comes with some fantastic features such as:
- High performance – The 300k BTU comes in handy to ensure that your pool gets heated faster.
- Best-in-class – Another thing about this model is that it is one of the best units in its class when it comes to energy efficiency. You won’t use a lot of propane to heat your facility.
- NOx emission certified – The unit is also certified to meet the industry standards when it comes to gas emission. It won’t damage the environment.
- Manual gas shut-off – Another feature of the model is the shut-off feature that you can use to shut the gas manually.
- Compact design – The notable thing of this unit is the compact design that lets you install it without any hassle.
- Easy to install – You do not need to seek professional help when installing this pool heater.
6. Raypal 336,000 BTU Digital Electronic Ignition Propane Pool Heater
The Raypal Digital Electronic Ignition Propane Pool Heater is a reliable model that provides up to 336,000 BTU. That is enough power to keep your spa and pool heated for use during the chilly night and cold winter.
- Microprocessor-controlled thermostat – You can use this feature to set the temperature to your liking. And you only need to set it, leave it, and your pool remains warm for days.
- No corrosive – The internals and cabinet are rust-resistant to ensure that they last for years.
- Stainless steel tube sheet – There is also a 2-inch CPVC that helps you to connect the system to your swimming pool.
- PolyTuf powder coating – It enhances the model durability to make sure that it lasts for years.
- Easy to install – You take less time when installing this heater compared to other models that you can get out there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Size Propane Tank for Pool Heater?
A: The rule of the thumb is to ensure that you get a 100-gallon tank to cover a 100,000 BTU heater. You can rest assured that you will heat your pool the right way.
Q: How Much Propane Does a Pool Heater Use?
A: You need about one gallon of propane to run a 100,000 BTU heater per hour. For instance, if you have a 400,000 BTU heater, you would 4-gallon of propane to run it for 60 minutes.
Q: How to Install Propane Pool Heater?
A: Follow these steps:
- Place the heater on a level concrete slab
- Set the heater on the slab
- Connect the heater
- Connect it to electricity
- Test it
I have looked at the best propane pool heater that you can use to keep your swimming pool warm. Get the one that meets your pool’s needs.