Outdoor saunas are products made for outdoor use, so you keep them in your backyard.
If you want to purchase the best infrared outdoor sauna, then this article is for you.
We have presented you with a review of the top five models on the market today and a buying guide.
Top 5 Outdoor Infrared Sauna Reviews
Continue reading this piece to find out more about our top five picks of the perfect outdoor saunas.
1. Western Pacific 3-4 Person Outdoor Sauna
The sauna accommodates 3-4 individuals at a go, making it the perfect unit for a family of four. You can connect it to standard 220v power outlets, and it only uses 30 amps to produce a stream.
Another great thing is the ceramic Far Infrared heaters that ensure you get the steam you desire. These heaters guarantee effective transfer of heat to prevent energy wastage.
The sauna is made of solid Canadian waterproof hemlock wood that prevents water and heat damage. Another great thing is the digital control panel that provides you with an easy time when operating the unit.
It also comes with four LED reading lights that can enable you to see during the night. The door is weather-sealed and made of tempered glass – you all get to listen to music.
2. Radiant Saunas BSA1320 4 Person Cedar Corner Infrared Sauna
The product is built for home use and can accommodate up to four persons. You can install it and experience the Far Infrared heating to let you sweat toxic material and lose weight.
Another notable thing is the ten low-EMF carbon heaters that provide enough heat for four users. That means you get the perfect sanctuary for family and friend use.
It is made of Canadian red cedar material that offers the perfect insulation to prevent heat loss. You can also bet the sauna does not twist or warp thanks to this wood.
There is also a full-spectrum color therapy that can relieve stress after a tedious day. You also get to enjoy your music through the integrated sound system that includes a radio, aux input, and a CD player.
3. JNH Lifestyles MG301HCB MG317HB Far Infrared Sauna
The product is fitted with eight carbon fiber far infrared heaters at the calf areas, side, and back to guarantee even heating. They all work to provide you with the ultimate health benefits.
Another great thing is the sauna is made of 100% Canadian hemlock wood that is weather-resistance. What that means is you can have the confidence the sauna can remain outside without getting damaged.
The model also boasts the ultimate insulation that prevents heat loss due to the unique tongue and groove construction. You can use this sauna with two more users, making it perfect for family use.
It also comes with two premium speakers that let you enjoy your music while relaxing. The other great thing is the easy control that helps you to set the temperature.
4. MCP Cedar Sauna 3 Person Outdoor Backyard Sauna
The product allows up to three users to fit in without any hassle to enjoy the warmth of the sauna. It uses the Far Infrared carbon fiber heating panels to guarantee even heat distribution.
One thing to note is the model is easy to install, but you should seek professional help. Another great feature is the MP3/Auxiliary audio input that lets you listen to your favorite music when relaxing.
You can also relax your mind thanks to the chromotherapy LED lighting. The tiles come in red color, but you can always remove them to meet your needs.
Another thing is the package includes installation instructions to help you through with this task. It also comes with a 12-month warranty that covers parts and 5-year for structure.
5. Sunray Cayenne 4-Person Outdoor Sauna
The Cayenne is an infrared sauna that provides enough space for up to four users. One great thing is the eight ceramic heaters that produce heat to reach all the corners.
Another notable thing is the four removable ergonomic backrests that help to ad comfort. You can also bet on breathing purified air thanks to the oxygen ionization system.
The model also comes with MP3 and FM radio w/CD to ensure that you listen to your music when chilling. There are also cup holders to let you take your drink inside the sauna.
The product is easy to assemble and is made of natural Canadian hemlock wood that is waterproof. You get a 7-year warranty for structure and is CSA/ETL certified.
Buying Guide: Outdoor Infrared Sauna
There are several types of outdoor saunas you can find on the market today. That can be a challenge to choose the best one – let see what you should look for when buying one.
- Size: You can go big with an outdoor sauna, but there are things to remember here:
- How much area do you have in your backyard?
- How do you intend to use your sauna?
- Pay attention to the measurements/dimensions and the number of people who intend to use the unit at once.
- Design: That means picking a design that makes your backyard attractive. Ensure that the sauna matches with other things at the place you want to install it.
- Heater types: There are multiple heaters that you can find in both the outdoor and indoor saunas. Our review looks at the infrared ones, but others include traditional heaters are electric, although you can find gas and wood ones.
- An infrared heater provides heat directly to your body and does not raise the temperature.
- Infrared heater types: You can choose among multiple infrared heaters, which are:
- Ceramic models are the older types and are efficient, but they can raise the surface temperature to over 300-degree F.
- Carbon units remain cooler thanks to their large surface area, reaching about 150-degree F.
- Ceramic/carbo heaters can hit up to 200-degree F, which is not cold nor hot.
- Structure: Here, you need to consider the wood that makes the structure. You can find cedar, basswood, Canadian hemlock, spruce, or pine sauna.
How Much Does It Cost to Build an Outdoor Sauna?
Coal, wood-burning, gas, and electrically heated saunas are quite affordable to construct. A Far Infrared model is the most expensive.
Expect to pay the following for your outdoor sauna:
- Minimum cost of $3,000
- Average cost of $4,500
- Maximum cost of $6,000
The best outdoor infrared sauna should allow for three or more persons to get in with ease, offer the music system, and come with a long-term warranty for the structure.